IAQ held its meeting of Board of Trustees in Milwaukee on May 13, 2016 and the General Meeting on May 14. Key features of the General Meeting were:
A. Induction into the Academy with presentation of certificates and pins after their Introductory presentations.
1. Shinichi Sasaki, Academician, Senior Advisor to the Board of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan: Ji Kotei Kanketsu (JKK): Built In Quality with Ownership”
2. Michéle Boulanger, Academician: “Quality, Big Data, and International Standards”
3. Willy Vandenbrande, Associate Academician: “Quality: The System Game Changer”
4. Lotto Lai, Associate Academician: “The ISO Journey of Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks”
5. Annette Geirnaert, Companion: “Evolution of Quality”.
B. Guest presentations:
1. Nick Leifeld, Vice President, Corporate Compliance, Serigraph Inc., West Bend, Wisconsin: “Using Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) to Design out Waste”
2. Dr. JoAnn Sternke, Superintendent, Pewaukee School District, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: “Our Baldrige Journey”
These presentations were highly appreciated. Members suggested such knowledge sharing activities should be continued and further strengthened.
C. Think Tanks:
IAQ Think Tanks on Governance, Healthcare, Education and Designed Improvement had their meetings and shared the progress.
D. As part of the 50th anniversary celebrations of IAQ a new project was launched jointly between IAQ and ASQ on “Role of Quality Professional in future”
E. ITC GLOBAL PLATFORM FOR QUALITY – MOU between International Trade Center on one side and IAQ, EOQ, ASQ and JUSE on the other side was approved.